Monday, April 02, 2012
If you know someone who is an introvert but don't know how to make them comfortable with yourself, here are 12 ways to treat an introvert:
1. Respect their need for privacy.
2. Never embarrass them in public.
3. Let them observe first in new situations.
4. Give them time to think. Don’t demand instant answers.
5. Don’t interrupt them.
6. Give them advance notice of expected changes in their lives.
7. Give them 15 minute warnings to finish whatever they are doing.
8. Reprimand them privately.
9. Teach them new skills privately.
10. Enable them to find one best friend who has similar interests and abilities.
11. Don’t push them to make lot of friends.
12. Respect their introversion. Don’t try to remake them into extroverts.