Tuesday, March 01, 2011
Tumpa tagged me on this. At first it seems weird to write about this, but then when I gave it a thought it seemed quite normal in the light of the things that tend to disappear just when I need them. Here are the top 5:
1. Pen : I have a good collection of different kinds of pen, but I don't seem to find one when I need them. Although in most of the cases I need them at very odd hours, like last night I woke up at 2:30am and wanted to jot down a few words lying on my bed and was unable to find a pen for almost 10 minutes! So you see that although it's not entirely the pen's fault that it disappears into thin air just when I need them, but they do.
2. Paper : Do I smell a conspiracy here? I mean usually my wallet is crammed full of papers which contitutes of invoices and train tickets to a gamut of other things, but just when I need something to write on, both the pen and the paper seems to be missing!
3. Matchbox : I am a chain smoker, so I usually do not need a matchbox. I prefer to light my fag from the one that I am smoking at that point of time, but in those rare moments when I do need a matchbox I don't seem to find one even though I remember that my Mom had kept one at so-and-so place just a few minutes back.
4. Bus : I don't usually travel by a bus because I am phobic towards them after I had an accident in 2003 where I almost got killed. But as usual, when I do not need a bus to a certain place there's a flurry of buses that passes by me for that destination, but when I need one I simply have to stand there at the middle of the road looking from one end to the other.
5. Tab on the Taskbar : I am sure many of you have faced this too. I mean just when you need to see that particular Excel sheet or that one Word document, it seems to vanish from the taskbar on your desktop. You would find, yessir you would, dontcha worry bout it, but you would find it only when you wouldn't need that document anymore. Disgusting, isn't it?